Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Van Ride Home

The van ride home from New Orleans allowed me to become closer to Bonners whom I have never talked to before. I sat next to Laura in the van and found out how incredibly hilarious she really is. I now know her whole life story and what she plans on doing after college. Also, we played games in the van ride that brought us all closer.

Esther and Ryan Gale were great drivers and always made the can ride interesting with their music playlists and jokes. I took a few hours, during the long van ride, to think back on my experience in New Orleans and realized a few things.

First, New Orleans is in no way broken. The morale of New Orleans is still high and they share a close bond that I do not have within my own community back in Toms River.
Also, I realized how much volunteers can impact a community with coming down and helping out families who have lost their homes and other resources.

No comments:

Post a Comment