Monday, January 17, 2011

Home

Two days later and after a heavy consumption of caffieininated products we are all home safe with classes starting tomorrow. The trip was a great experience and I am very glad that I was given the opportunity to go again. I hope to keep in touch with Irma, the homeowner who's home we finished and returned to on Friday to give her a card and a stuffed animal- as her bedroom was filled with them and she mentioned her love for them. The trip back, though long, allowed more time for those in each van to bond over delerious jokes and over-played songs on the radio. I hope to be given the opportunity to chaperone the trip again next year. It was an amazing trip and not only did I learn more about the situation in New Orleans, but I also learned a lot about myself and the people around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment