Wednesday, January 12, 2011

NOLA Round 2

After being back in NOLA for a few days since I was here last year, I am proud to say that things are looking better for the city. After going on the driving tour, we saw the Lower Ninth Ward and I was so happy to see all of the modern looking house made by Brad Pitt's Make it Right program. Last year I saw maybe about two or three of these but this year I saw atleast a dozen. Anyway, this year we are staying at United Saints Recovery Project whom gave us an apartment in Central City. It's location is a lot different than where we stayed with Presbyterian Disaster Assistance last year. At United Saints, I am working on Team Erma. Erma is a very personable homeowner, whose home is in its finishing stages and should be done by tomorrow, if not today. We are pretty much just finishing and touching up the exterior painting. It's nice because our apartment is within walking distance of Ermas house. I'm not sure what or where we will
be working when we finish here, but I'm excited nonetheless. This city and trip were nothing short of amazing for me last year, and this year is already looking like it will surpass that and be even better. Peace and love from The Big Easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment