Friday, January 14, 2011

Last Day

Today is our last day in New Orleans! In the past week, I have been able to work together with other TCNJ Bonners to finish Irma's house. We met with her again today, after finishing her house house yesterday. We brought her a teddy bear as a parting gift and I look forward to hopefully meeting with her again next time I visit the city. Today, we went to another house and began to tear down the ceiling- the beginning stages of demo and gutting the house for reconstruction. It is was a weird feeling completing a house and turning it over to the homeowner, then the next day working on tearing down a ceiling to rebuild one. My experiences so far in New Orleans, including past service trips, seemed to come full circle this trip through conversations with my homeowner and trips into the French Quarter and enjoying the culture. Tonight, we are going to a restaurant as a group and it should be a nice way to end the trip. I am excited to go back to TCNJ and energized for another semester of service!

No comments:

Post a Comment