Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Breaking Down Barriers

New Orleans Has become one of the most eye opening experiences I've ever had and its not over yet. I have only begun to crack the surface of the things I could learn here. If someone would have told me in high school that I would be in New Orleans breaking through giant concrete slabs I would have laughed at them. Being able to work so hard with a team of really good friends has allowed me to appreciate friendship and teamwork on a whole new level.

I've always felt better knowing that i could depend on myself in projects, but now I have a bigger dependance on the work that can get done in groups. Before we began our work with ripping out concrete slabs, I remember doubting our capabilities but now I know we can do anything.

New Orleans has become on of my favorite places. I've learned so much about myself and the work that still needs to be done to get this beautiful city back on its feet. I can't wait to meet a home owner and listen to their story. Theres nothing better than having people listen to your life and understand the pain and want to help. The work I'm doing is really having an impact on the community.

No comments:

Post a Comment