Friday, January 14, 2011

NOLA

I’ve heard of the devastation the disastrous Hurricane Katrina had caused to New Orleans, but didn’t believe it as I was coming into the French Quarter. The city of New Orleans looks beautiful and someone just by looking at the city wouldn’t believe that something as bad as flooding of 80 percent of the city had occurred, or something as monstrous as about 1800 people dying from the torrential rains that hit this once prosperous city. When taking a tour of the city, and different parts of the city that were drastically affected, I honestly didn’t expect what I saw. I expected a lot more work to be done to the home and streets that were affected by hurricane Katrina. Instead the roads were horrible and homes were still abandoned and left with no foundation. I am honestly appalled with the lack of effort the government has put to make this city at any better. Homes are left vacant and instead helping out the residents who still live in the city, they tax them to the point where they can’t afford to pay.

No comments:

Post a Comment