Friday, January 14, 2011

One house done, many more to go.

Yesterday we finished Irma's house. It looks absolutely amazing and she was so happy to see it completely finished. It felt great because last year I worked on a home in it's beginning stages and this year I had the chance to work on and complete a house. Irma is a wonderful, deserving woman who wad kind enough to buy us a King Cake for our efforts. It was delicious and I was lucky enough to get the piece with the baby inside! This means I need to buy the next King Cake so I promised Irma I will buy one for her the next time I'm down here which will hopefully be a year from now (trying to keep the tradition). Because we were finished there, we were sent to a new site today. The house was badly hit by Katrina, so we are doing demo work and gutting the ceilings. Unfortunately today was our last day of work, but hopefully United Saints will have consistent groups of volunteers to finish more and more houses for the wonderful people down here in the Crescent City.

No comments:

Post a Comment