Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Excitement Brewing

"I must do something" always solves more problems than "Something must be done." - John Calvin Maxwell (an evangelical Christian author).
- This quote pretty much sums up how I feel about our excursion to NOLA.

I have wanted to go to NOLA to participate in the rebuilding effort since the devastation occurred. In 2005, the year of Katrina, I trick or treated to raise money for the rebuild effort, and was able to raise between $150 - $200 in my home town to donate to Red Cross. But that is penance compared to the difference we will be making in the coming 10 days. I am very excited to share these days with everyone, meet new, tenacious people, and I am credulous that we can make a lasting difference for the families we will be working with and the communities that they live in.
Until then, best of days!

Shaun.


No comments:

Post a Comment