Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Extremely Excited

Hello Everyone! So, this will be my first time ever visiting New Orleans and I am extremely excited! The video we watched was, although difficult to watch at times because of all the tragic events that were depicted, very interesting and informative. Before watching this video I had only briefly heard of the many social and political issues that were involved with Katrina. The video opened my eyes to a lot of different issues that I had never really thought of, but I am glad to be aware of them now. I am definitely excited and grateful to have the opportunity to travel to New Orleans and help out. I am very much looking forward to working with everyone and to meeting many new people including Bonners that I may not know and the people we will be helping out in New Orleans. I know that this will be a rewarding experience that I will always remember!

No comments:

Post a Comment