Thursday, January 6, 2011

NOLA 2011

As our trip to New Orleans nears I become more and more excited. As a freshman on the Homelessness site, I have not yet had the opportunity to work with Habitat and look forward to working with a new organization. Not only will this be exciting because of the work being done, but because of where. I have never been to New Orleans, which makes this upcoming trip even more exciting. The last, and perhaps most important, reason I am excited for this trip is because it gives me a pretty unique opportunity; to work hands-on to aid in the rebuilding of a city in the aftermath of one of the most tragic natural disasters in our nation's history. I hope to learn a lot about the city and surrounding area, as well as how the area has responded to Hurricane Katrina.

No comments:

Post a Comment